How do we select Volunteer Big Brothers and Big Sisters?
Each volunteer must complete a screening process that includes:
- A written application
- A criminal & DMV history record
- At least three references
- An in-person interview
- Visual scan of home environment
- Staff decision as to whether they should volunteer with a child
- An orientation and training process that will help to encourage your child’s healthy development
Big Brothers Big Sisters also provides child safety tips to you and your child, and we welcome your questions and feedback.
Safety from the start.
Once matched, every relationship is closely monitored and supported by a professionally trained match support specialist. Child safety and healthy mentoring relationships are our number one priority!
Learn more about child safety Click here
Parent/Guardian Child Safety Guide Click here